Dear Node Operators,
We’re thrilled to announce the release of the new version of Aleph.im’s virtual machine orchestrator, version 0.3.0.
We are thankful for the community feedback on making us confident to publish this release to all node operators.
This version brings a plethora of enhancements, bug fixes, and other improvements that are aimed to enhance the user experience, improve performance, and address identified issues. Here’s a summary of what’s new:
Improvements and New Features
- Improved support for running Instances with features and bug fixes.
- CRNs now run their own IPFS daemon for faster and more secure access to IPFS storage.
- Network interface and DNS resolver are now automatically detected, making the installation even simpler than before.
- Diagnostics logs are cleaner, only unexpected errors appear in the logs now.
- ASGI lifespan events in Python programs are now supported.
- The default runtime now uses Debian 12 and Python 3.11.
- Sentry SDK is installed by default for error tracking.
- Platform information is now exposed by the diagnostic VM
- A newer Linux kernel adds support for BTRFS
- A large code refactoring will make it possible to test VMs locally before uploading them to the network
As usual, you will find the upgrade procedure in the release notes linked below: